North and South of England Organiser Vacancies
The Jewish Labour Movement is seeking to recruit two organisers based in London and Manchester to help our newly elected National Executive Committee deliver on our priorities until the General Election.
Following a substantial period of growth over the last seven years, JLM's membership now stands at more than 4,000. Affiliated to the Labour Party, Board of Deputies and Zionist Federation, JLM campaigns on issues of concern to its members within both the Labour movement and the Jewish community.
Our Organisers will work with the National Executive Committee, our regional committees and volunteers across the country to drive activity and grow the Movement even more and help deliver our priorities.
Each organiser will be located with a Labour Party constituency campaign office (each constituency being one with a significant Jewish community) and will spend a significant proportion of time working with candidates, Labour staff and organisers and campaign activists to map community structures, build awareness and activism and engage with the community, in support of those election campaigns.
Organiser - North of England
Organiser - South of England
Salary £27,500 (plus London weighting of £2,500 for South Organiser)
Contract A fixed term contract until the General Election. The roles are full time.
Location London/Manchester with travel expected mostly in the UK but very occasionally abroad.
Responsible to JLM National Secretary and JLM National Chair, with oversight and direction by named Labour Party candidate/staffer where appropriate
Responsible for No direct reports. High level of engagement with lay leaders, stakeholders and volunteers.
Closing Date 31 March 2023
Interviews Weeks commencing 3 April 2023
Starting Date As soon as possible
Contact Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the personal specification, and why you feel you should be appointed to this role, to [email protected]
Job Description & Key Accountabilities
- Help coordinate and deliver the JLM National Executive Committee's annual work programme
- Identify, recruit, retain and train activists
- Help continue to grow JLM’s membership
- Communicate JLM's activity to members and the public, running our social media channels and liaising with relevant community and political media
- Support JLM's continued scrutiny of work by the Labour Party following the landmark EHRC report.
- Work with our Conference Chair and other NEC members to deliver JLM's landmark One Day Conference and other online and in-person events, including webinars and fundraising activity
- Help deliver JLM's antisemitism awareness education programme.
- Support JLM's affiliations within the Labour Party and Jewish community.
- Support JLM’s international work, particularly with partners in Israel
- Support regional branches develop local work programmes and deliver events for members
- Coordinate JLM's activity at Labour Party Conference and Regional Labour Party Conferences.
- Update the content of JLM’s website
- Service the JLM membership, including issuing renewal reminders, processing payments and responding to correspondence.
- Support JLM endorsed candidate’ election campaigns in the run-up to the General Election
- Working with identified constituency Labour party candidates and campaigns, mapping community structures, creating supporters and activist networks and supporting the work of the campaign team
- Other tasks as required from time to time
- Organised and able to work independently and on own initiative
- Experience of working effectively with lay leaders and with volunteers
- Experience of organising and delivering events
- Experience of working with the organised Jewish community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to the objectives and values of the Jewish Labour Movement
- Experience using NationBuilder and social media platforms
- Experience of handling press
- Experience of Labour Party activism, campaigning tools and structures