The Jewish Labour Movement is a membership organisation of Labour supporting members of the Jewish Community. A formal affiliate of the Labour Party in the Uk since 1920, JLM campaigns within the party and the wider community to support labour values within the UK, Israel and Internationally.
In addition to the UK Labour Party, the Jewish Labour Movement is also affiliated to the Board of Deputies of British Jews, the Zionist Federation of the UK, and organise within the World Zionist Organisation alongside our sister party in Israel, Havodah - the Israeli Labor Party.
Our membership is made up of Parliamentarians, Councillors, activists, Party members and Party supporters. We are run by and on behalf of our members.
We work throughout the year in support of Labour candidates at election time, as well as the ideas and campaigns we believe will bring about the change our community and our country needs.
- To organise and maintain a political movement of Jewish people within the UK Labour Party and the international labour movement.
- To maintain and promote Labour or Socialist Zionism as the movement for self-determination of the Jewish people within the state of Israel.
- To support, develop and promote political activists who work to enable the objects and values of the Jewish Labour Movement.
- To work for democratic socialism in the UK and Israel.
- To maintain Jewish identity and to support the rights of Jews everywhere to lead full lives as equal citizens.
- To apply Jewish ethical principles to create a society based on social justices and a sustainable environment.
- To fight antisemitism, racism and all forms of discrimination and racial hatred; to oppose the activities of fascist, racist and antisemitic groups.
- To promote the centrality of Israel in Jewish life and its development on the basis of freedom, social justice and equality for all its citizens.
- To work for international peace and cooperation. To support economic and social development for all peoples of the Middle East.
- To work with other organisations affiliated to the Labour Party in Britain and co-operate with other European Socialist Parties and members of the Socialist International.