The Jewish Labour Movement (JLM) is run by and for our members. As the successor organisation to Poale Zion we have been affiliated to the UK Labour Party for almost a century. Our mission is to support the Labour movement in the best traditions of proud Jewish Labour activism.
Ally Membership of the JLM allows you to our Movement as a non-Jewish member. As an ally member, we will keep you updated on all of our activities, and you will be invited to all our events and can take part in our campaigns. The only difference between ally membership and full membership is that you won't be able to take part in official votes and our internal decision making process.
Becoming an ally member couldn’t be easier.
All we ask is that you contribute a small membership fee and share our aims and values. These two things are the same and the only things we ask from our full members too.
- To organise and maintain a political movement of Jewish people within the UK Labour Party and the international labour movement.
- To maintain and promote Labour or Socialist Zionism as the movement for self-determination of the Jewish people within the state of Israel.
- To support, develop and promote political activists who work to enable the objects and values of the Jewish Labour Movement.
- To work for democratic socialism in the UK and Israel.
- To maintain Jewish identity and to support the rights of Jews everywhere to lead full lives as equal citizens.
- To apply Jewish ethical principles to create a society based on social justices and a sustainable environment.
- To fight antisemitism, racism and all forms of discrimination and racial hatred; to oppose the activities of fascist, racist and antisemitic groups.
- To promote the centrality of Israel in Jewish life and its development on the basis of freedom, social justice and equality for all its citizens.
- To work for international peace and cooperation. To support economic and social development for all peoples of the Middle East.
- To work with other organisations affiliated to the Labour Party in Britain and co-operate with other European Socialist Parties and members of the Socialist International.
Ally Membership of the Jewish Labour Movement is £10* per year.
If you would like to make a separate donation please click here.
All funds raised by JLM are used directly to further the Movement's aims and values. Your donation will help us promote those aims within the UK Labour Party; campaign against racism and antisemitism; support JLM members in elected roles in Parliament and Local Authorities; and contribute to the training and development of young Jewish political activists in the Labour Party.
*73p transaction fee added to cover cost of our payment processor.
JLM is also an affiliate of the World Labour Zionist Movement and supports the Jerusalem Programme of the WZO.