• that our Movement's history and tradition were formed from socialist and labour Zionism as a response to Jewish emancipation from persecution, pogroms and the Shoah over centuries of oppression and antisemitism in Europe, the Middle East and the rest of the world.
• that it has a longstanding affliation to the Zionist Federation, World Labor Zionist Movement and through this affiliation seeks to influence the policies and practices of the World Zionist Organisation.
• The forthcoming World Zionist Congress
• that Ha’Avodah and Meretz are members of the Socialist International and the Progressive Alliance alongside the Labour Party.
• that Labor's platform for the forthcoming Knesset elections includes proposals for unilateral withdrawal from the West Bank, a freeze on new settlement building, opposition to the Nation-State Law
• that Meretz's platform for the forthcoming Knesset elections includes proposals for immediate recognition of a Palestinian state, unilateral withdrawal from the West Bank, settlement construction freezes, prisoner release, roadblock easing and negotiations with a new Regional Quartet of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Turkey alongside the existing Quartet, opposition to the Nation-State Law
• The current Israeli government is fostering more division, hate and making a future peace less likely
• The recent deal brokered by Netanyahu to bring Kahanists into the next election and possibly coalition demonstrates racism and further takes Israel in the wrong direction with regard to respect for human rights and democracy.
• in a two-state solution to resolve the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine, with a secure Israel alongside a secure and viable Palestine.
• that the Labour Party should remain committed to a policy of supporting a two-state solution.
• that Israel's future is only sustainable as a Jewish and democratic state.
• to support calls for: a secure Israel alongside a secure and viable Palestine; withdrawal unilateral or otherwise from the West Bank; opposition to the Nation State Law; settlement construction freezes.
• to pursue these objectives through the World Zionist Congress
• to continue to work within the Ha’Avodah, Meretz, Arzenu coalition, and with others who support these objectives
• to use its status as a member of the Zionist Federation to support the admission of Yachad, and to use its status as a representative of the Board of Deputies of British Jews to support these objectives.