The Jewish Labour Movement are seeking to recruit a national organiser to help our newly elected National Executive Committee deliver on our priorities for the coming year.
Following a substantial period of growth over the last three years, JLM's membership now stands at over 2,500. Affiliated to the Labour Party, Board of Deputies and Zionist Federation, JLM campaigns on issues of concern to our members within both the Labour movement and the Jewish community.
Our National Organiser will work with the NEC, our regional committees and volunteers across the country to drive activity and grow the Movement even more and help deliver our priorities.
£28,000 (pro rata)
Initially offered on a 12 month fixed term contract. The role is full time, however part-time applications welcomed for 3+ days per week on a pro rata basis
London, with some travel expected.
|Responsible to||JLM National Secretary|
No direct reports. High level of engagement with lay leaders and volunteers.
|Closing Date||14th June 2019|
|Interviews||Weeks commencing 17th and 24th of June|
|Starting Date||As soon as possible|
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the personal specification, and why you feel you should be appointed to this role, to email@example.com
Job Description & Key Accountabilities
- Help coordinate and deliver the NEC's annual work programme
- Identify, recruit and train activists
- Communicate JLM's activity to members and the public
- Support JLM's referral of the Labour Party to the EHRC for institutional racism.
- Work with our Conference Arrangements Committee to deliver JLM's landmark One Day Conference.
- Help develop and deliver JLM's antisemitism awareness political education programme.
- Support JLM's affiliations within the Labour Party and Jewish community
- Support regional branches develop local work programmes and deliver events for members
- Work to deliver our affiliation centenary project, including our annual fundraising dinner and book launch.
- Coordinate JLM's activity at Labour Party Conference
- Coordinate other events, including fundraising activities, as required
- Update the content of JLM’s website
- Service the JLM membership, including issuing renewal reminders and responding to correspondence.
- Other tasks as required from time to time
- Organised and confident, working independently and on their own initiative
- Experience of working effectively with lay leaders and with volunteers
- Experience of organising and delivering events
- Experience of the Labour Party, campaigning tools and structures
- Experience of working with the organised Jewish community
- Experience using NationBuilder and social media platforms
- Some experience of handling press desirable but not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to the objectives and values of the Jewish Labour Movement